Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Bit of Advice

I qualify giving advice, with "Not to offer unsolicited advice, but . . ." so perhaps my advising is becoming much more frequent than I realize.  With that being said, I shall now proceed without caution to offer, if not advice, some thoughts for consideration, regarding Scripture, prophecy, end of days, space, taxation, and debt.

We know Scripture states that we must all work out our own salvation with fear and trembling, yet calls for unity.  So far, the multitudes appear to set the truth aside to get along.  Clearly not an option.  I know my call to service includes serving as a hostess to this way of life.  I believe a five fold ministry will gather here to live in community, but I don't think it will be much larger than that.  I do, however; believe it will become a place of sharing and training for others who will also be gathering in remnant communities.  It will be a place of learning and discussing, while hopefully avoiding strife and derision.

Prophecy is interesting, fascinating to many, but nobody knows with absolute precision, how everything will be unfolded.  What we do know, is this; if YHWH has said it, it will happen . . . The prophets themselves, didn't realize how and when what they penned would fully come to pass, and the apostles proclaimed the words of the prophets through their ministries, without knowing when the fulfillment would come to pass.  All I can say with absolute certainty is, from Peter's quote of Joel 2 in Acts 2, we are about 2,000 years closer!

As for space for a community, the measures vary, with many looking at quite large areas.  I'm sitting on 10 acres, which would realistically support not more than 20 people in natural provision, but by the provision of YHWH and working together, I don't know.  I believe it will support those who are supposed to be here.  A couple of things to consider, though.  More than 10 acres usually requires a tractor to maintain, and tractors are not cheap.  I am able to maintain 10 acres with a tiller, a riding mower, and livestock.  Besides when there is no buying and selling without the mark, I'd have no way to obtain gasoline for a tractor.  Replacing the tiller with manual labor is not something I'd relish, but it is doable, and I have already obtained a functional, antique cultivator.

Since taxes are not buying and selling, I'm guessing the New World Order already has a clause in place to collect taxes from "unmarked" land owners.  Another good reason to pool resources and talents!  I'm sure there will be personality differences in all of the gatherings, but our Creator knows just who to bring together to encourage each other and bring Him glory and honor.  He also knows how to keep the discouraging disputers out of the communities.

As for debt.  I, along with Dave Ramsey, discourage the notion.  I'd rather have less that actually belongs to me, than payments.  And that's not to say, earthly possessions are the goal, but to have places that are not shared with the banks and lending institutions will be helpful as the end of days continue to become more turbulent.
The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.  a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Post a Comment