Sunday, June 2, 2013

Effort, Energy, Efficiency

I cannot get over the time I've spent trying to motivate folks and the short time all the pieces have come into place when those who are not motivated sit down or move on . . .

Some people will wear you out and still result in NOTHING, while others are just waiting for their own opportunity while still others yet await the chance to serve the living G-d and fellowship with fellow believers. As the say goes, "it takes all kinds . . ." and each one comes with a teaching, because a heart that is genuinely looking for an opportunity to serve our Creator doesn't need motivation. Actually when first getting started, they usually need slowing down, I know I did. The conflict I have always struggled with is how to encourage someone to slow down until they actually know and live what they are talking about, without sounding discouraging.

I don't think I'm the only one who's done this, but I do hope I have learned my lesson to not repeat it. Have you ever heard something from YHWH, but it's "open-ended" enough that you want to fill in the blanks with emotional hope, rather than spiritual faith? I didn't get to the wise acceptance without quite a struggle. I now realize when spiritual faith comes before emotional hope, the wise acceptance is not a struggle at all, but rather just a knowing as we're going, that we are to take the opportunities we are given and use them for the glory of G-d. The reactions and choices of others are not part of our assignment.

We tend to forget that most people who come into our lives are simply at the same intersection. Some are going the opposite way and some are at their own crossroads, as well. Y'hshuwah told us it's a narrow path, and everyone that talks about G-d believes they are on it, so in my epiphany, I've realized, even if the words are similar, not everyone is on the same path, and those who are, are not necessarily in the same distance on the walk. Again, we are not called to persuade anyone to anything, but simply let our light shine and speak truth consistently. Some sow, some water, but it is YHWH who gives the increase.

The true culmination of epiphany and experience is the sad revelation that effort and energy spent beyond sowing or watering results in the use of effort, energy, and time that should have been more efficiently used elsewhere. All the human effort and energy will amount to nothing, unless YHWH has ordained the increase.

Understanding is a wellspring of life unto him that hath it . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment