Sunday, June 30, 2013

Special Time in a Special Place

Realizing YHWH is Spirit and omni-present, we don't have to be in a certain place to hear Him or be heard by Him, except . . . we must be where He has called us to be.  I don't mean to sound confusing.  We know He speaks through His Word, and His Word, who is His Son, said His sheep hear His voice.  I've heard His voice in various places.  YHWH can be heard while in the shower, I can hear Him while I'm doing dishes, and I can hear Him at my computer, on occasion; but I've come to a greater understanding in my own life. Although the geography and details may vary for each of us, I believe there is a foundational truth to be shared.

He is a holy G-d and although we have the blessed invitation to walk with Him, and He is a part of our every day life, He is not to be taken casually.  There are times in the middle of a stressful busy day that He beckons us to separate ourselves from the hustle-bustle and be alone with Him.  Sometimes it's a matter of our own "prayer closet" and sometimes it's more special than that.  I'm blessed to work at home, so that means I can pretty much pray anywhere anytime and not be stealing from an earthly boss.  That's not to say, we should hide our relationship with Him anywhere, as YHWH calls us to let our light shine.  We need to keep in mind though that we do owe our employers the time for which they pay us, and YHWH does not call His people to use our relationship to act religious.

In reading the book of Daniel, something touched my heart in a new understanding.  Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his G-d, as he did aforetime.  Daniel 6:10   His windows were open toward Jerusalem, and he was overheard praying.  I began to really contemplate that "open window" situation.  Were those windows open toward Jerusalem for a reason?

As I pondered and prayed about this, I began to see and hear special times and places outdoors in which I could just literally be enveloped in His presence.  I also became aware of His calling me to a special place.  Now again, this isn't to be so heavenly minded, I'm no earthly good.  We are to pray without ceasing and He can hear our praise above the sound of the washing machine and the vacuum sweeper, but He calls us to a set apart time and a special place to be in His presence.

I have discovered a sweet shalom as I spend time in the garden, and I've even set up a special little table and chairs in the orchard.  What I've realized, in actuality though; is the significance I place upon seeking His presence.  I realize this relationship is no casual thing at all, but a blessed privilege.  He is calling to us, to have a special place and time with Him.  Obedience to His written Word is how we show we love Him.  Obedience to His beckoning of our heart is how we know and show that we hear His voice.


So Abram departed, as YHWH had spoken unto him . . . Torah of Holy Scripture


No comments:

Post a Comment