Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Mission Accomplished

I look at every single introduction and meeting as a potential open door and I tend to sometimes try to hard or stay too long!  Sometimes I miss the reality that a door is only for a one time event and is supposed to close when the mission has been accomplished.  I didn't realize until early this morning, a door has closed, that was supposed to close before the preservation moved forward.

A dear friend who passed away had wanted several of her friends and acquaintances to visit and experience the Land of Goshen.  I couldn't convince her that not everyone would be so taken in enthusiasm as she was about this endeavor, and in her last days I told her I would make sure her wish was carried out.  It was obvious right away that some of her Christian friends were not interested at all, so the door closing wasn't even really noticeable.  It didn't seem as though some of the first ones were seeking anything.  Rather, it was more of just gaining an experience and they were moving on to the next experience.

Then of course, there was my friend's family who wanted to bring her ashes to the Land of Goshen, but that wasn't really a time of seeking, either, just a time of gathering for a specific purpose.  The last two visits were different, though; as both sets of visitors already have land and were just touching base for ideas.   The first of the last visitors actually shared with me that they were at a crossroads of creating a working homestead or selling and moving back to town.  I really enjoy seeing photos of the couple's farm and since visiting here.  They have done a lot in a short time and they've acquired some livestock as well.   There was still one person on my friend's list and although many plans have been made through the years, they never came to fruition, until . . . a couple of weeks ago.

When this all began, every time someone visited I was hopeful they'd be joining Goshen, but obviously when someone already has land and has invested in their area, that's likely not the case.  So, as I mentioned these last two visits have been more of a chance to chat and fellowship, exchange a few ideas, encourage each other, and fulfill my vow to my friend.  It was the week of so much rain, when the phone rang about 8 in the morning.  This individual had an unexpected break in her schedule and wanted to head down that day.  I told her it was raining so I was going to take care of town business that day, but I'd be home before evening.  It was then that Abba showed me, this was the opportunity.  After all these years of plans, she would not have time to talk herself out of the trip, and so the plans were made.  She arrived, and although it was shemitah and rainy, we enjoyed the fellowship.

I'm blessed to be able to keep in touch with some of the folks who have visited here, via social media and telephone, but the open house visitation policy of the Land of Goshen has come to a close.  It's time to be ready for the permanent residents.

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Messiah:  contained in a letter to one of the seven churches

No comments:

Post a Comment