Thursday, June 25, 2015

More on the Gathering

As life as we know it appears to be falling apart, I believe for those who are in covenant with Elohim, life is falling into place.  I still don't have the covenant agreement form drawn up, but as I post here it will give folks an idea of what to expect as well as insight to offer.  Until there is no buying or selling without the mark, it would appear that at least part time employment or external income would be needed for all residents.  Ten acres is big enough to sustain a dozen people for food and accommodate that much shelter, but we all will need our own time, space, and spending money.

I'm more than happy to share what I have, but here's three facts of life.  One:  Electricity isn't mine to share, it belongs to the power company, and they want money for power.  Two:  The internet service provider doesn't provide without sending a bill, but the good thing is, it will support 5 devices of technology simultaneously. and Three: Which is the most important, if I don't see you either in the garden or the chicken house or the pasture, I don't want to see you at the table.  We will all have to pitch in on the sustainability projects.

Perhaps I'm a bit too idealistic in this thought, but I truly do envision plenty of time for midrash, music, and fellowship with a shared workload.  Truth be told, I've had great times with visitors while working, but we all need our alone time with Abba and our own thoughts . . . at least I do.  Without quiet time with Adonai, I'm not fit for polite society, and although I don't term myself a loner, I do need my space.  I wrote in Peculiar Princess as to how I was assessing a better use of energy with better choices and one of those choices is fewer words flying out of my mouth.

I truly appreciate the written word over the spoken word, even though inflection is not always understood, idle words are more easily avoided when writing.  I've had numerous discussions with people via instant message in which they state that emotional expression is lacking and would prefer phone conversation.  I don't do that very often for the simple fact, I truly do prefer writing, and tend to be a bit reserved in my emotional expression.  Before becoming a believer and receiving my healing, I spent way too much time on the phone.  Lengthy phone calls tend to bring back old memories that are not so pleasant for me, but I'm willing to be penpals and message buddy with most everyone.  Yet I digress, back to the gathering.

I think it's going to be very important that we each maintain a certain degree of autonomy.  Without individual independence, it would make everything mine and everyone a guest and that simply would not work.  What's here is already owned, the tax man insists upon a name when the bill is sent every October, and that won't change.  Everyone who joins this gathering will be responsible for their own personal property and the taxation thereof.  I don't plan to build any permanent structures for housing, but will be happy to welcome those with RVs, TTs, 5W, tiny houses, and tents.

Although it will be necessary that electricity and internet service bills be shared, I pray many meals and spontaneous fellowship will be as well.  I've assumed this goes without saying, but perhaps it should be said.  This will be a community of Torah observant followers of Messiah.  I know there will be some differences in understanding, but the basic beliefs should be the same.

. . . they were all with one accord in one place.  Acts 2:1b

No comments:

Post a Comment