Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Good Enough?

As I've been preparing for a community, I've had a gnawing doubt in the back of my mind.  YHWH has brought me a long way in the area of confidence, but He had a very long way to bring me.  I'm certainly not the woman I was when I found Him, but I'm still not the woman I want to be for Him.

I've hosted a couple of Sukkot gatherings and to be honest, I felt like the visitors were disappointed.  I'm a hard working woman who is willing to share most everything I have, but I'm not an entertainer and most everything I have is not state of the art trendy.  I love YHWH, I love Messiah, and I love people or at least try to love people.  I enjoy corporate worship, casual fellowship, and work.  Much of the work I do really doesn't feel like work, so I don't usually feel like I need much of a break.  My work is rarely stressful, although some of the things going on in which I feel led to sound a warning or intercede are not good things, I don't get caught up in stress or fear.  We are told to cast our cares upon Him for He cares for us.  Scripture tells me to be anxious for nothing, and I can do that in so many areas, but . . . I think I have been overly concerned, even anxious that others would find my life just not good enough.

So, as the end of days are unfolding and Operation Jade Helm 15 is going into place, while millions of chicken deaths will hinder the food supply, for those who may be considering relocation; let me give a little of the lowdown about myself and the Land of Goshen.  I came here expecting to have a small community gather.  First there is no television and no cable, and it is non-negotiable.  I had one child already try.  Believe me if I can tell the mother of my grandchildren, "No," I can say "NO" to anyone.  The current internet connection limits data to 20GM a month.  AT&T doesn't provide service in this "remote" area.   Depending upon which pasture is being grazed and if a gate is open, it takes 15-20 minutes to get to a blacktop road from my house.  Once on the blacktop, town is then 5 miles to the north west or another one is 10 miles east.

The illustration on the mainpage is fairly accurate, but the illustration is pristine considering those animated goats do not make any mess or cause any mischief like the real ones do.  Also to be considered is the grass, which is not always manicured in real time, like it is in the illustration.  The inside of the chicken houses cannot be seen in the webpage, but I assure you, chickens are complete and total slobs!  Now, on to the actual living conditions for humans.

I live in a manufactured home that has two additions a porch and two decks, plus there is an RV, and Berea Tabernacle, which is completely off grid.  My home is four bedroom, two full baths, good sized living room and kitchen with a laundry room /pantry and a bonus room.  I just spoke with the men who will be replacing the front deck and it is about to become doubled in size for gatherings and fellowship.   The back porch and deck are more suited for functionality than relaxation, as that is where the grill and soap shed are, but it affords enough room for chairs to provide for a small gathering.  There are other out buildings, and even an emergency outhouse with no roof, for when I'm on an outdoor project and don't want to take the time to remove shoes, etc.

I'm posting all this info because I really do believe folks are giving consideration to relocation and preparing to be a part of a community.  Several friends and I have already discussed the concept that there would be many of these "Goshens."  One friend also mentioned the value and viability of small communities and so I'll close with this.  I am a simple earthy woman who loves YHWH, follows Messiah and is happy to share what I have.  I am also happy to wish someone well when my lifestyle is not as appealing as one would hope.  I do sport an internet connection, that although the data is limited, it will support five computers.  Seems fitting for a five fold ministry.

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Messiah:  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of Elohim, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Messiah:  That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;  But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Messiah:  Ephesians 4:12-15

No comments:

Post a Comment