Sunday, May 10, 2015

Just Do What Needs to Be Done

Nike originally coined the phrase, "Just Do It" for marketing their sports shoes, but here on the preservation, I have to assess the "needs to be" part of life before I "Just Do It."  This next step is monumental, therefore it cannot be "just done."  This homestead is to be of use through the time of tribulation.  I don't know that it will be used until the end, but I'm to put it in place to be used as Abba wills.  I've struggled with a strange thought for some years now, though, and I'm going to go ahead and write it.  Perhaps it will bring me some clarity, offer insight, or at least get it off my mind.

As I go about the chores and duties of running this homestead, my business, and the publishing, I have to have order.  There has to be a goal and a plan to recognize an accomplishment.  It has come to my attention, it's time to move in the direction of community.  Being ready and preparing are fine, but just waiting for people to invite themselves isn't the next step.  Now that the homestead is pretty much in place, it's time to start building the community.  I have no idea where to start, but there are some facts I have to face.  The first one has to do with my descendants, so I've of course wanted to keep the door open.  The next step is irrelevant to a door with my descendants here, because so far, none of them have shown any interest beyond visiting occasionally.  Only one has absolutely slammed the door shut, but the rest are still in search mode, which brings me to the next revelation.

There are young people, couples and families with a heart for this lifestyle.  There are middle-aged/50+ year old couples with a heart to minister, lifestyle not withstanding, and there are singles of all ages who truly desire fellowship.  It could be this place will be as eclectic as the trail blazer.  That would really sort of make sense now wouldn't it?  That way, at least, we wouldn't get caught up in dogmatic divisions of the physical details of the place.  I'm always up for ideas that would improve efficiency and various types of folks and circumstances would definitely broaden the potential outreach of our little community.

The last part of this readiness has been a bit hard to consider, but it is what it is.  I'm out here in the wilderness, establishing a place with a person who repeatedly tells me, he does not share this vision.  This statement has come, however; years after he agreed to allow me to keep this vision and vow unto YHWH, which I had made before we married anyway . . . and he knew that then, so I have found  myself asking some very hard questions.  Did I hear YHWH regarding this marriage?  The answer has continued to be a resounding "Yes."  So the next one has been tough.  Did YHWH call this marriage as some sort of chastisement or punishment for me?  With that question, my marital track record comes to mind as well as my last bout with mainstream health care . . . I do know, though, as in the case when David cried out, our Heavenly Father does extend mercy upon our repentance.

I've also considered, perhaps, as in the case of Moses, I'm only going to see the vision, but not get to participate in it.  Perhaps I will die in this wilderness without seeing the community come to life.  If that's the case, it's especially imperative that I extend some invitations soon, so the next generation has a place of refuge.  One more awesome thought came this morning as I contemplated this.  Joshua and Caleb did enter in and neither of them were spring chickens, but they had to wait for a time . . . They were the elders of the group that would enter in.  To the best of my spiritual understanding and mathematical skills, Joshua would have been right about 60 when the wilderness experience ended, and here I am, 57 years old.

Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land . . . Joshua 1:6a

No comments:

Post a Comment