Sunday, April 5, 2015

Family

It was confirmed, yet again, who our family really is, according to Y'hshuwah's definition.  This past week, my granddaughter was hit by a car while riding her bike.  I found out about this on social media.  My love/hate relationship with facebook is now leaning toward "love" at this point.  I am thankful that YHWH allowed me to see it on Facebook, rather than not know at all.  The other reason I'm leaning toward love for Facebook in this, is the amazing outpouring of concern shown by so many who are truly family in Messiah.

When I first saw the photos, I was immediately shaken.  The thought of anyone being struck by a moving vehicle is horrendous, and even moreso when you personally know that individual.  When that individual involved calls you G-ma, your heart literally aches for their pain and for fear of their safety.  To discover this fact on social media just confirms another sad fact, but fact it is, and life goes on.  What happened next has both sustained me, while causing me to accept something I never wanted to face.  I posted a simple prayer request for my granddaughter.

The responses were overwhelmingly awesome.  The simple post became a thread that took on a "life of it's own" with promises of prayer as well as requests for updates.  I received private messages as well.  Many of these individuals, I only know through online fellowship, and yet they took the time to contact me individually, sharing concern, reassuring me that she was still on their prayer list.  It's been a week now, and with extra housework, Holy Days, etc. people are still letting me know she is on their hearts.  They are truly family!

Meanwhile, the acceptance has settled in, finally . . . that our earthly "legal" families are not necessarily who or what we count on.  Abraham has come to mind frequently this week.  I feel that pain of realizing we simply cannot expect G-d to fix or bless what we chose to do outside of His will.  I found myself wondering if Abraham was able to enjoy a relationship with Ishmael's children, with the possibility that the answer was, 'no.'

The gratitude I've felt for mishpocha in YHWH has truly enveloped my heart.  The presence of YHWH has been so comforting.  As the week came to a close with the focus on the Exodus from Egypt, the perfect Passover Lamb, Y'hshuwah Messiah, and the anniversary of when I first met Him, I'm so grateful, so very grateful to be a part of the family of YHWH.  I didn't understand what it was to actually follow Messiah, when I met Him, but now by the grace of YHWH, I'm on the narrow path.  There are times I miss what I had hoped would be, but this week I've realized, it was hope in the wrong things, and only hope.  I never had what I'd hoped for in the natural, so I simply cannot miss what I never had.
I do have family, mishpocha, in Y'hshuwah!

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.  words of Messiah

1 comment: