Monday, March 2, 2015

That Which I Greatly Feared . . .

It's been quite awhile since I've had a week of feeling like so much is coming at me.  I don't know how many times I've heard myself repeating aloud, "I can do all things through Messiah, who strengthens me."  I've quoted numerous times, the Psalm about the Rock that is higher than I, as well as angels being sent that I do not dash my foot against a stone . . .  There are numerous Scriptures I am blessed to have in my heart, but the reality is, this week has been a struggle.

The first major snowstorm of the season was no big deal.  Being snowed in is not an issue here in Goshen.  The snow doesn't last long in this neck o' the woods, and the melting and thawing began quickly.  There's enough timber, though, that some parts of these country roads and lanes don't see so much sun and when the temperature is sufficient for thawing in the daytime, a drop below 32° at night makes for impassible roads.

 Just as everything had melted and cleared, freezing rain with some snow came this past weekend.  It was intense to the point, I felt a wave of fear wash over me Monday morning as I was preparing for morning chores.  In good weather, I'm as graceful as a new calf on ice, so knowing my own coordination and lack thereof on regular soil, when the ice is actually here I cringe a bit.  I literally spoke Psalm 91:11 and 12 before and during chores.  For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.  They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.  I speak the next verse about treading on adders, in the summer.  It has happened . . . accidentally, but safely!

I don't pray this Psalm so much as I repeat it to myself, knowing Abba has already spoken this as truth.  I have His promise and I trust His Word..  The last word of the 91st Psalm is salvation in English, Y'hshuwah in Hebrew.   Falling can become a real point of fear for me.  I am not terribly sure footed and I have broken bones in falls, so my experience has been more than just picking myself up and dusting myself off, after a fall. Giving all glory to Elohim, chores went successful every time and oh, I forgot to include the "guiding my steps" verse, which He did.  Tuesday evening, though, in the house with level surface, no stones, no adders, I twisted wrong or something and I fell . . . and I fell hard.  I fell hard enough, Mr. B wasn't sure what kind of scene he'd be walking into.  As I came to, with my face on the striped rug, I saw blood.

The injury report is included in Peculiar Princess, but there have been so many more things going on than just my crash and burn.  He has strengthened me to do the absolutely necessary, but I've certainly shirked my duties in some things that can be done another day.  I'm not a procrastinator at heart, so it's been a struggle for me and this morning, I finally conceded to Adonai, I just didn't feel that I was handling what was coming toward me so well.  Rather than facing it head on, I thought it might be time to start ducking . . .  With that I will conclude, it's not been an easy week, but I am well aware that many have had a much more difficult week than I.  I have also realized that in recognizing this past week to have been difficult, that means many of my weeks are not and there have been a great many things even in this week for which to be thankful.

I'm thankful I didn't go to an ER and end up with whatever strain of flu is going around, on top of tests and Xrays for things that cannot be set.  I'm thankful that I haven't had to worry about time off from work and wonder how the bills would be paid.  I'm thankful to work from home, so if my schedule needs a bit of shuffling, it is possible.  Upon remembering my horribly broken arm a couple of years ago, I'm so thankful my fall took place in the house after chores were done.  I still remember having to finish chores with that horrible pain and then hope and pray I got up the back steps and into the house before I passed out from shock.  All things considered, even when that which I feared did come to pass, I still had a great deal for which to be thankful.

For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.  
Job 3:25

No comments:

Post a Comment