Sunday, March 22, 2015

In Further Study of Genesis 15

As I continued to read the conversation Abraham had with El Shaddai, I once again saw the promise that Abraham would have a child, a child of promise.  I've made peace with the fact things haven't turned out the way I'd hoped regarding my own family and circumstance, but making peace is by far not the same thing as giving up hope.  Although, I will not be so presumptuous as to use G-d's Word to demand the same promise Abraham received, there is no reason to rule out hope . . . I got ahead of G-d, well not ahead, just completely outside of His Will in my family planning and building years ago, but then so did Abraham.

I'd love for my children and grandchildren to embrace Torah, follow Messiah, and serve YHWH.  That is my prayer, whether they do it here or elsewhere, and even though it doesn't look like things are heading that direction now, it's still possible.  Actually, with G-d all things are possible!  Although I was rendered barren, surgically, years ago, I'm still younger than Sarah or Elizabeth were, and I've repented from seeking medical solutions, so . . . There's also the factor that I've been celibate for years, but hey, nothing is impossible for our Creator.  He restores, He brings reconciliation, He made me a new creation . . .

Although I'm not going to get my Bible out and start making demands, I'm also not going to limit Abba to just one method of growth.  Whether it will be spiritual family, as Messiah pointed out, or if Abba will bring my own flesh and blood, I do know others will be here.  One thing continues to come to my mind that Abba told me back in 2008 or '09.  'I'd yet to lay eyes on the next person to come to be a part of this.'  Some folks have come and gone since then . . . and since I've seen my kids and grandkids, that doesn't mean they won't be here, but rather there will just be someone else first.

What I do know is now, more than anything, I simply want His Will to be accomplished in my life.  I truly do believe with Him, all things are indeed possible.  Whether it's a change of heart, a healed body, a restored relationship, or spiritual family; it will only be by the grace and power of our Heavenly Father.

Is any thing too hard for YHWH?  Genesis 18:14a

For with G-d nothing shall be impossible.  Luke 1:37

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.  Matthew 12:50

No comments:

Post a Comment