Sunday, December 7, 2014

Religiously Held Idolatry

Spiritually, I've been in a place of struggle for a time.  Sadly, yet victoriously, I knew I could only handle this with Abba in Moshiach.  It was so easy to discern the idolatry in allegiance to G-d and country, but when it hit G-d and family, that was difficult.  By and large, our religious society promotes G-d and family as ordained on an almost equal level and that simply is not the case.  Holding anything in our life on the same level as our Creator is idolatry.  The account of Abraham and the words of Y'hshuwah make it clear that family is not to be revered as YHWH is to be.  The sad thing in my life, is before I became a Covenant Walking believer, I hadn't handled family properly, so I spent a great many years trying to make up for that fact . . .

I didn't know where to draw the line.  My old method of not doing what was done to me and not doing what I'd done in the past was still a bit sketchy as to actual direction.  This time, however; even if I wasn't quite sure of the goal, I did have instructions.  As it turns out, I gave as many years to trying to get it right, as the years I did it wrong, and then I simply shook the dust.  I realized in my particular family, a grudge would surpass generations, and loyalty is measured by the diligence of the next generation to carry that grudge.  It was something I simply could not see for a time.  The scales had to fall from my eyes.  When the scales fell, so did the tears.

Here, I've tried to beat myself up and carry the grudges for others against me, when I was simply wrong. Abba has brought to my spirit many times, the account of Abraham, as well as the words of Messiah.  Abraham was called out from his family, literally called to relocate.  So was I.  Even walking in covenant, when Ishmael came along, Abraham had to accept that Ishmael was not part of the plan.  I wasn't walking in covenant when I became a mother, so I have no right to ask Abba to repair relationships established outside of His plan, and I certainly cannot make the proper amends in my own strength.  We see in Scripture that Abraham loved Ishmael, but accepted the truth for what it was.  Of course, we're all familiar with the account of Isaac on the altar, and El Shaddai providing the ram.

Obviously we are to take care of our children and one of the commandments definitely addresses honoring our parents, but it's not the first commandment!  I truly surprised myself a couple of years ago.  I know the commandments, all ten listed in Exodus 20, but when referencing them in an article or book, I referenced the commandments to begin at Exodus 20:12.  I made the correction before publishing, but suffice it to say, it was that ingrained!  I love my family and I do try to honor my parents, and that's all.  Condoning nonsense, and taking responsibility for blame that isn't mine is simply not part of the plan.  It truly has not been easy to remove this "plank" or "beam" in the platform of G-d, family, and country.  Ah, but it was so easy to see and identify the societal religious splinters.

We find in Matthew 19:29, the words of Messiah and Mark also included this same message in his account of the Gospel.  And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children , or lands, for My Name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.  Not everyone may be called to literally do this, but some of us have been and will be.  In laying down these relationships, or hearing, as I did, "the matter is settled" doesn't necessarily mean our loved ones will not come into covenant.  What it does mean, is we are to let go and walk by faith when we pray "Thy will be done . . ." we accept the answer, even if it's a painful answer.

 But seek ye first the kingdom of Elohim, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.  Matthew 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment