Sunday, August 4, 2013

Not Knowing, but Appreciating

At one time, I actually envisioned the Chevy Uplander filled with members of the community heading to town or the auction or what have you, but together and conserving.  I've since realized there are a few barriers and a bit of idealism on my part that needed to be eliminated.  I had truly hoped that this community and land venture would develop more rapidly than it is, but that was shortsighted immaturity on my part.  It was tempting to compromise, but thankfully, that was taken out of my hands and finalized.

I've also realized, in one area, much like Abraham, I was adding my own idea to the vision.  That didn't work for him and it didn't work for me.  I have to shoulder a bit more responsibility of blame, in that I had the advantage of being able to learn from his mistake, but . . . sadly took the time to repeat his mistake.  I take solace in considering I am not as important in world events as he was.

I was blessed upon my repentance to get to enjoy one member of the tribe this year.  She and I had a wonderful time together, and I must proudly mention again, she was a wonderful guest contributor to the Goshen Gazette.  I hadn't been to a goat auction in quite awhile.  It was just a sad memory from last year and to be honest, I just preferred to put it behind me, but she wanted to go.

YHWH blessed our endeavor above what I could ask or imagine.  We have two beautiful new members of the herd and we have replaced the sad memories of last year by establishing a new good memory of the Goat Auction.  I am now realizing, this community isn't going to be like I first envisioned, it's going to be so much better!

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.  By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:  book of Hebrews




No comments:

Post a Comment