Sunday, August 25, 2013

Concerns

Being of tribal heritage, I'm not as sold on guns as the average American.  I absolutely believe in the 2nd Amendment, and I am delighted to see the tradition of hunting remain in our society, even if no longer mainstream.  When I watch professed believers speak of hording ammo and stock piling weapons, I get a very uneasy queasy feeling.  Here on this preservation, I don't want to invite that kind of "faith in firepower."

In this time of uncertainty and world of confusion, I know three things beyond a shadow of a doubt.
First,  I know is Y'hshuwah is coming back, but things are going to get messy, very messy before that happens.
Second, the G-d of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is my G-d and His power is not dependent upon nor limited to the arsenals of humanity.  
And third; my days are numbered.  If I'm in the shelter of The Almighty, there is nothing any human can do to changed my numbered day.  So, if my numbered day is up, it won't even take a bullet and if it's not my numbered day, bullets are powerless in the shelter of El Shaddai.

Y'hshuwah said to be ready, but he never said, to scare anyone into "prepping."  I figure I'm supposed to be ready to help folks who didn't know to be ready.  Perhaps many would disagree with me here, but the more I read Scripture the more sure I am that when we are spiritually prepared, we'll have the provision and protection we need.  We won't be slovenly in our preparedness, nor will we put our trust in weapons.  One of the first Bible lessons anyone learns as a child is the account of David and Goliath.   David stood on faith, and ended up using Goliath's own weapon on him.  Something to think about . . .

Believers aren't called to "drop out," nor are we instructed to hide behind an arsenal, armed to the teeth.  We are told to be set apart and willing vessels.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, says Elohim, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, says El Shaddai.



No comments:

Post a Comment