Friday, October 12, 2012

An Undeniable Solution!

In living tribally according to Scripture, sometimes there are questions, but always reason to be grateful. I can't find anyone else talking about some of the issues I'm sorting, so there are situations in which it seems trial and error, at best.
This occurred recently over the situation of a calf. Last year, I messed up big time and killed the fatted calf under my own hopeful idea, rather than the leadership of the G-d of Abraham . . . and calamity ensued. The folks in which I shared this, were all excited and gave me money for a calf this year. Well, I accepted, still ignorant of my own misdeed, and the first notable sign that I'd missed something, was that this year's calf was higher priced, after I'd already quoted it. Now these folks were aware of that and even suggested that I just tell others about the increase, but they offered no more in compensation. No big deal, what's $10.00 among friends and loved ones . . . ? Besides, I am a woman of my word, and that was the price I quoted them, so I ate the $10.00. Then the big blow up occurred and I offered to reimburse the original investment, but the offer to stay in touch and return to process the meat was extended by one of the individuals involved. I put my check book away and simply stated, "We'll see what happens!" I've not heard anything from this individual since and that's been nearly two months ago, so with winter approaching, I began to wonder what should be done. Well this morning, early, I witnessed what should happen!
I'd really been struggling as to what the right thing to do, would be. Should I write a check for their cost and then sell the calf for what I can get? I mean it is on my land and it drank my goat's milk and ate my feed, and yata yata . . . Or should I sell it and send them the entire proceeds? Or should I welcome back yet more confusion for the processing of the meat? As I've sought the proper G-dly solution for this enigma, I awoke very early this morning with these people on my mind.
When I first awoke, I wasn't sure if I was seeing the flashing light of the internet modem or lightning. I went ahead and got up about 4 to seek YHWH in the early morning. I like those times. What ensued next was without question, undeniable. I received my answer for the business end of the calf, as well as the attempt at future fellowship over the killing of the fatted calf. And it is unmistakable! All in, all done! At approximately 4:30 this morning, the calf was struck by lightning. The calf died on my watch. I'll reimburse their initial investment, which is still less than my original output . . . nothing more, nothing less. The calf was left behind in their change of plans, so, possession is nine tenths of the law. As I sought to do the right thing according to the G-d of Abraham, HE answered my seeking. The calf was hit by lightning and died instantly. It was absolutely instant, no signs of struggle or pain. All things considered, $60.00 is a small price to pay to walk in the Abrahamic covenant, and the calf was going to die anyway! I am thankful . . . Certainly, with lightning involved, there is NO question as to Who handed down the decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment