Friday, August 7, 2015

Thoughts on Preparedness

A friend and I have discussed almost repetitively the need for spiritual preparation.  It matters not how much food is stored or ammunition is purchased, we will not be maintained through the coming hard times without "oil in our lamps."  What are we doing to spiritually prepare?  How dependent upon the system are we still?  Through the coming tribulation and sadly well deserved judgment, the only place of refuge is in the shelter of The Almighty!

I'm not completely out of Babylon or Egypt yet.  I still have a bank account and a driver's license.  I still file income taxes, but I don't take any of the offered credits . . . I'm still not fully off grid and obviously, I'm connected to the world wide web.   I do know of some who have made the decisions to opt out some time ago.  There is a day coming in which some of this will just be gone without my decision.  It's completely possible that bank accounts can just disappear, and certainly the US currency is clearly losing it's value.  I am blessed to have land, a roof over my head, herds, flocks, an orchard, a garden spot, and a well.  Even though there is no mortgage on the place, I'm not sure how life will actually play out when the US debt note gets called in.

I've been thinking of the various attributes of our Creator.  YHWH Nissi, The Existing One is our banner. YHWH Shalom, The Existing One is peace.  YHWH Yireh, The Existing One sees and provides.  YHWH Raphah, The Existing One heals.  This is what I've been considering.  I post a different service weekly that addresses our Heavenly Father's great attributes, but do we really rely on Him, or do we have our own solutions with our lip service?  There is a day coming, in which lip service will not be enough.  I've heard the mantra about "manna" until I just want to scream.  Our Heavenly Father can certainly provide manna, there is documented proof that He has, but most of those same people are still living their lives as they have been for years, while "sounding the warning" to the rest of us.  If we are blessed to have been shown that hard times are coming, shouldn't we be preparing to be of service to Him through those times?

When money won't buy food, or there is no food to be bought, non-believers are going to be hungry, too, and there's no record that manna fell in Egypt.  Isaiah 1:19 tells us obedience is tied to being satisfied.  What happens when health care comes at the cost of our soul?  Seriously, we can make all sorts of grand claims, but when it comes down to "suffering in faith" or seeking the wisdom of man, what do we do?  I've given great thought to this next statement.  Even outside of mainstream health care, we can have all the natural health formulas we can pick and make, but without our Healer . . . we're not healed.  Exodus 15:26 tells us how to stay healthy.

There are many folks saying they trust Abba, and planning to hold Him to His end of the covenant, but are we upholding our end?  I'm not talking about salvation or eternity.  We've been given Instructions for our life on this earth.  Are we truly ready to abandon all of our conveniences and so called necessities to move into the shelter of The Almighty?  Are we really ready?

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of The Almighty.  I will say of YHWH, He is my refuge and my fortress: my Elohim; in Him will I trust.  Psalm 91:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment