Thursday, August 20, 2015

An Abraham Experience?

Back when I first came up to this unimproved land, I knew I'd been brought here by the hand of El Shaddai.  Through a phone conversation, I told a friend that although I wasn't sure of the day, I "had a Moses moment" in that I'd been led up the mountain, where I'd die.  It didn't seem ominous and I certainly had no fear, as I knew that I knew I'd been brought to this place, but I also knew it really didn't belong to me.  Several times this week, the passage about giving up land to follow Messiah has crossed my mind.

Here, I truly thought I was going to establish this place, work it, build it up, and then just make keys and share it.  I'd even entertained the possibility of a small cabin in the back timber for me to be the "mountain medicine missionary" and envisioned other members of the ministry living in the house.  I really did come here ready to pay for it, work it, and give it all up to follow Messiah for the glory of YHWH.

Suddenly I heard something I'd not realized.  He said, I'm too open with my invitations and folks feel they can just "get around" to Goshen when it's convenient.  People take serving G-d very lightly in our society.  We have all sorts of "obligations" that really amount to nothing more than excuses when it comes to 100% sold out dedication to Him.  So, that caused me, some serious fear of YHWH.  I never meant to make anything seem casual.  He then proceeded to remind me that I was not reaching out in the Spirit, but in the flesh, specifically, regret.  I didn't want to hinder the zeal of another, as I'd experienced, but that's not my call to make.  Okay, then there was more!  Abraham did not take any of his "men" with him when he and Isaac headed up that mountain.  We aren't told specifically how many traveled with Abraham and Isaac, but there was a place in which they stopped and did not ascend that mountain.

Knowing, I've already heard two other things that relate to Abraham, and had a couple of interactions based on passages in those same chapters of Genesis, I took heed.  This is no time to miss or think "close" is good enough.  The five fold ministry is going to be truly operational in many places, but the folks I'll be working with are already in this area.  The ones who we thought might relocate are going to be working, either where they already are, or in other locations.  Abba is not importing the five fold ministry to this Goshen from long distances.  He's blessing us to get acquainted through social media to encourage each other where we already are.  A great many of us have land, wells, and no mortgages.  We just need to be in agreement in seeking Abba as we prepare, and be blessed with the fellowship of encouraging each other.  Some stockpiling is fine to be able to help others, but stockpiling is not the answer.  Ministering and reaching needs will be our purpose through these very trying times.

Once this socially awkward, self-conscious, introvert came to the place of putting all that on the altar, He said "stop, I'll take you to the community."  YHWH Yireh is our Provider, but we need to be vessels worthy of holding his provision, and trusting enough to allow Him to pour it through us . . . and willing to stop in what we think is the plan and allow Him to allow us to keep what He's given us.

And Abraham called the name of that place YHWH Yireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of YHWH it shall be seen.  Torah of Holy Scripture

And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.  ~  words of Messiah

No comments:

Post a Comment