Thursday, July 16, 2015

Getting in Gear

I've seriously thought of making an official announcement that there would be no "formal Sukkot gathering" and I'm still leaning that way.  I am thinking I'd rather spend my time, energy, and what funds I have toward true preparedness and longer term necessities for the days of Noah, rather than amenities, entertainment, and conveniences for a weeklong gathering.  I'm looking more into the long term investments and necessities for down the road.  It seems to me at this point, a few more batteries in the off-grid bank would be beneficial.

An opportunity has arisen that is taking quite a bit of my energy and I absolutely know that is energy well spent.  A door has opened to work with area youth and a church.  I have seen, without a shadow of a doubt, our youth are crying for some stability.  If they can't find it at home, they look for it at school, and peers.  School has derailed and most of their peers are searching too.  A group of young people searching are going to find something, often that "something" is not good . . . Many are seeking spiritual answers and/or a place to belong.  If they don't find it at church, they'll look in a mosque.  I've come to realize the "sinner's prayer" didn't offer any hope; and salvation without repentance amounts to nothing.  I've taken a serious look at why so many young people who were raised in progressive Judaism and compromising Christianity abandon those for atheism, new ageism, or other religions.  People need something real and when Judaism became politically progressive and Christianity compromised calling itself relevant, they both lost the part of Biblical truth they held.  

There are many young men in prison who are converting to Islam while their Christian grandmas are praying.  Why is this happening?  A great many of the boomers just walked away from church and synagogue, but sadly raised children with minimal spiritual influence and little stability.  Often the truth is rejected because it had been mixed with so much compromise and political correctness.  Many cannot separate the truth from the counterfeit wrapping and so when they recognize the counterfeit, simply dismiss the entire package.

I've grown weary with the religious debates of social media.  I'm not sure our Creator really cares what shade of blue is used in tzitzit, but I do know there are no instructions as to special knots or tying.  I've grown weary with so much internet teaching on extraneous topics when I simply want to follow Messiah and be used by Him as the early apostles were.  Internet teaching is a lot like televangelism of the 90s.  Some of it's entertaining, but most of it is just filling time and space, and the opportunity to express one's own views.    I was truly blessed last Sunday to hear a fiery sermon from the book of Judges.  With that wonderful sermon, I was blessed to minister both before and after.  Wow!  Encouraged, fed, filled, and the opportunity to share as well, and all of it by simply being prayed up and where I was led to be.

I'm believing Sukkot could be the same way this year.  I'm certainly not disinviting anyone, nor would I turn anyone away who is seeking to celebrate the Feast Days of YHWH, but I'm not doing any extras beyond Scripture.  I'm not an activities director, so there will be no activities program.  I'll share what I have and that's enough.  Since the shemitah year will have ended, I'll be sowing the winter wheat field as Sukkot comes to an end.  Preparing for long term needs seems more urgent this year than planning an event.

Since beginning this article I have made my decision.  This is the official announcement that there will be no formal Sukkot gathering this fall.  Folks are still welcome to visit, even consider "communitying up" but there is just too much going on to even consider major expenditures for a short term event.

And on the fifteenth day of the seventh month ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work, and ye shall keep a feast unto YHWH seven days:  Numbers 29:12

No comments:

Post a Comment