Sunday, January 25, 2015

Winds of Change

The eleventh month on the Biblical calendar has arrived, so a month of winter is behind us.  In this part of the country, spring is on it's way.  I'm a bit contemplative, as I have no garden for which to plan.  This past year has been quite eventful.  Several guests have visited the Land of Goshen, and many have actually felt free enough to self-invite.  I'm glad folks can feel that way.  It's been quite a year of great learning.  I've also been privileged to be able to look for properties for a number of people who spoke of relocating to this area.  In wondering how we could actually back our social media words with actions, this has seemed a great way to "love my social media neighbors."

Many of us have sensed a real shaking and change coming and without a doubt, we are beginning to see changes.  The tangible changes, I believe, are just evidence of the spiritual changes taking place in this world.  Having been shown a vision, recently, I believe time is of the essence.  In this past year, the visitors who have come and those who have made plans to come, have not been a part of organizing this community at this time, and that's all right.  I want, only, the Will of YHWH in this matter of community.

I have had a time of serious soul searching, as potential plans appear to have fallen apart.  There's been no feeling of disappointment or devastation, but rather a realization that His Will be done.  That's not to say, I don't love those folks and wouldn't love for most of those folks to gather here in Goshen, but if it's not His Will, then I'm thankful we could know this before trying times hit.  My acceptance is what caused me to really soul search.  Is this growth?  Is it closer to being ready?

Scripture tells us the sum total of Torah is to love YHWH and our neighbor.  If I'm reaching out in the Name of Y'hshuwah, I need not fear the response.  It's been a wonderful time of growth for me.  To be able to extend hospitality, opportunity, and even do a little leg work regarding real estate, while trusting Adonai with the end results has been a wonderful opportunity for me.  It's also been quite illuminating.  I've been amazed in my years of tending Goshen, how difficult it is for each of us, to lay down our own ideas in order to fully embrace the plan of YHWH.

 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love YHWH, to them who are the called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment