Sunday, October 5, 2014

Coming Out From Among Them

As I sit here waiting for the folks to gather, I'm desperately aware that many believe they are sounding the warning, but what are we really doing differently?  I left city living nearly a decade ago.  I had a lot to learn, and every year has definitely been a learning experience, but as I sound these warnings, what am I doing differently?  Am I seeking Abba more intently?  Am I further separating myself from dependence of the system?  I've read a number of blogs, articles, and social media posts that say most are continuing "business as usual."  Messiah said that's how it would be in these end of days, folks doing what they usually did . . . "as in the days of Noah."

Every year, it seems I have to seek and pray in regard to the line between preparation and hoarding.  I'm not building bigger barns, but the simple things, like how many coats do I need to have on hand and how many chore gloves do I really need to own?  How much is enough to share and how much is too much?  What is "be ready" and what is a lack of faith or wrong priority?  These questions are never in the same areas.  It's changed through the years, so it's not a matter of questioning what I've heard, but rather moving in obedience in the last area of Instruction, to discover there is more to learn.  It seems every year, I also get a new job, without losing my last one . . .   I truly had no idea so much could be accomplished.  I'm enjoying the fulfillment of Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Messiah who strengthens me."

As the would be joiners have come and gone, I'm feeling a real unction that the population of the Land of Goshen will be increasing very soon.  In consideration, of not only this place, but the others that are being established, I'd like to remind us all of the need to begin to separate before we "come out from among them."  I would encourage everyone who believes they will be "heading to the hills" soon, or leaving the cities, a second Exodus, or heading to the wilderness to take an inventory of their present dependence.

As believers, we tend to spiritualize change, that really isn't always made manifest.  For those who speak of spiritual preparation, as we seek to be closer to Abba, we should be farther from the world.  Here's my own basic annual personal responsibility assessment list, as I seek to be closer to Y'hshuwah.  Have there been any tangible changes away from the system in this past year?  How about diet and exercise?  How about health care?  There are many aspects of our individual life that has already been deemed dependent on the powers that be.  This past year, I became noticeably aware that my day to town has become shorter.  There are fewer stops to be made and fewer purchases.  Everything in my life needs to fit into the Plan of our Creator.  The purchases I am making, are for the long term . . . relatively speaking.

I must be prepared to help those who will be leaving the cities, and those who will be leaving the cities must be in condition for their new surroundings.  Any connections of dependency to the powers of the systems will be like lightning rods in exposing the communities of refuge.  Time and effort are of the essence!  I know in my life, the ridiculous notion that freedom is somehow granted by permission still crosses my mind from time to time!  It is the Son who set me free!

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. ~ from a Psalm in Holy Scripture

No comments:

Post a Comment