Sunday, September 28, 2014

Yet Another Season

As the scent of the amorous buck wafts through the Land of Goshen, I am aware that another season is at hand.  The leaves are still vividly green, but a slight golden cast can be discerned as autumn settles upon us.  The garden is also still green, but production is slim compared to what it was just a few weeks ago.   For the first time, here in the Land of Goshen, there is no garden place to till for next year.  This will be the year to place emphasis on the herd, in the importance of attempting to follow the Instructions of our Creator.

Already, there are two assignments for this resting year, and plans to complete another couple of things that have "been on a back burner."  I'm a bit sad that it appears I'll be Sukkotin' solo, but I'm reminded regularly, plans that fall through are simply not part of the Plan.  There's been a real urgency in my spirit to help folks get to places of refuge . . . to the point, I've even offered to assist with transportation costs, but YHWH has closed the door on those offers.  He's made it very clear He's called those doors to be closed and I am not to even try to reopen them.  He's opening other doors.  And so . . . we walk by faith.

In all of this feeling of urgency, I find myself becoming introspective.  I don't want to become so introspective that I'm self absorbed, but in these days between Yom Teruah and Yom Kippur, I want the dross out of my life.  As I feel the urgency of what is coming, and with that, comes the question of what am I doing differently?  I certainly don't want to be one of those who is "sounding the warning" while going about business as usual, because these are not ordinary times!  I've made some changes around here and been led to become quite specific as to how to recognize those who are called to gather here.

The account of Abraham's servant continues to resonate in my spirit.  And he said, O Adonai Elohim of my master Abraham, I pray thee, send me good speed this day, and show kindness unto my master Abraham.  Behold, I stand here by the well of water; and the daughters of the men of the city come out to draw water: And let it come to pass, that the damsel to whom I shall say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and she shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: let the same be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac; and thereby shall I know that thou hast showed kindness unto my master.  Genesis 24:12-14

Obviously, the comments will not pertain to watering camels, but I've asked Him for a specific statement from those whom He brings to this community.  He's told me what to listen for, how to respond, and what should follow.  The season of gathering must be getting close. 


No comments:

Post a Comment