Sunday, August 10, 2014

Persevering on the Preservation

The harvest this year is abundant.  The rain has been extraordinarily plentiful and I am feeling a peace settle over letting the land rest, this coming year.  Since my body is made of dust, I'm thinking my body will appreciate the rest as well.  The photos across social media seem to indicate many gardeners are being blessed with a double portion harvest.  Walking in confidence is rather new to me, so I've really been uncertain when the debate began about which year.  I feel the need to have a clear understanding, as my words need to be truth.

In the past year or two, I've taken notice of folks who are somewhat "adamant in their views," only later to discover they've changed their perspective.  What I notice with many of these folks is their confident claim that their new perspective is now a proper understanding.  That is a red flag for me.  Confidently correcting the confident recommendations one gave last year doesn't repair the damage of wrong teaching.  When it comes to spiritual matters, if we are going to speak with authority, we need to be sure we know what we are talking about.  That's not to suggest we remain quiet or compromise, but I do not think any individual is able to speak with authority on all matters.  None of us know everything, but that's not an excuse to remain ignorant.  I've received some interesting advice from some folks whom I clearly discerned were operating, either outside of their call or outside of their understanding.  I pray for them. 

I never refer to myself as a teacher, as that is not my call.  There are some things I can teach and experiences I've gained, but teaching isn't my call, I don't have the heart of a teacher.  I'm happy to answer questions, give demonstrations, write, speak, and I can share knowledge.  I believe I'm even going to share this place with others with a call.  I believe there will be someone called to share in this place, specifically called to the office of "teacher" as mentioned in Ephesians 4:11  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;   

In the meantime, I will continue to share what I've come to understand, and of course, always share the Good News.  Many of the debated details, however; are still open to further understanding.  



No comments:

Post a Comment