Sunday, August 24, 2014

Preparing for the Gathering

As I look at the jars on the bar, and the basket of tomatoes in the kitchen floor, I find myself wondering, who will be here to share in this?  Every jar I've filled and every new goat on the place seems to have greater significance than just business as usual.  As this season is winding down and the Holy Days approach, it all feels so different, now.  Some of the things I "saw and heard" years ago, are going to come to fruition soon, I believe.

Back in 2007, I remember when Abba said, I had not yet seen the one who would be coming next to the community.  Wow!  In seven years, so much has changed, both personally, and globally.  I remember when my daughter brought her new boyfriend for me meet in 2010.  Even though she and I got along horribly and the visit was a total disaster, I still held on to hope that perhaps he was that one "I had not yet seen," and would be bringing my family to the homestead.  I held on to that hope, for a long time, but that was not to be.

As I sit here recollecting, I've now seen many more that I didn't know at that time.  Social media sometimes serves as a reminder that we can "get to know" someone without seeing them, or long before we actually see them.  I'm blessed with several friendships that although we have not actually seen each other face to face, we do value the friendship.  I'm thrilled to have gotten to actually meet folks in real time that I met on social media.  So who knows?  Abba knows and He knew in 2007 when He said those words to me.  There have been some come, who I know will not be part of this particular community, while others have visited and the door has not been closed . . . I would also guess there will eventually be arrivals that I have not yet even spoken with, at this time.

We are told, we walk by faith, not by sight.  When the gathering begins, we are going to know each other.  Meanwhile, I am very thankful, and feeling blessed to be preparing to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment