Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Heart of the Matter

As the tension of the end of days continues to mount, it seems the reasons for division rather than unity are increasing.  Differences that were no big deal last Sukkot are now worthy of their own doctrine and denomination . . .  I realize social media can be difficult to actually discern between big ideas, big talk, and practical application, but it is also a wonderful way to meet like minded individuals, and by like-minded, I mean mind of Messiah.

I mentioned a dream in another article, but that's not the only dream I've had this week.  I've had several dreams about people I've come to know through social media.  Now, I'm not saying they are all coming to the Land of Goshen planning to "community up," but I have received a real awareness that this place may serve as a point of connection or refreshment as the end of days continue to unfold.  I have been shown a specified number of residents for this place, but that certainly doesn't mean we are to turn away weary travelers or strangers.

In the dreams of recent nights, there have been some folks who have been seated at the round table of the dining room, while others more formally engaged in conversation in the living room.  A couple of conversations have taken place in my office, and some never gained access past the front gate.  I don't have the place battened down or locked up, but with livestock, fences and gates are a necessity, and as in the case of a couple of dreams, a simple way to reach a resolution.

What seemed so profoundly simple was the interaction in each dream.  Some were simply enjoying fellowship and temporary rest, while others were seeking clear direction or had felt led to come.  Some were here to learn and take the knowledge back to implement where they were called to be and still others were here to "change things."  Hebrews 13:2 has been on my heart and mind since these dreams began.  Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

No comments:

Post a Comment