Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Stinging Thought

Upon being stung on the hand by at least two wasps, I began to contemplate the difference between wasps and honey bees. I did a bit of Googling to learn some basic differences.

I have been saddened for some time, by the loss and the flagrant disregard of the value of our honey bees. Of course, both species have purpose, but their purposes are very different, as is their stinging ability. I knew a few facts about honey bees, but little about wasps. Honey bees are pollinators, meaning they are an essential factor in fruit and vegetable production. Honey bees, obviously, are our source of honey. I'll try not to get too technical in my explanation of honey. It is a special combination of nectar and bee spit. Only a Supreme Creator could make that combination delicious! Honey bees do sting to protect themselves or their hive, but they avoid it as best they can, as the stinger remains in their target and the loss of the stinger causes their death. Bee venom has it's values, as well, in natural health and homeopathy. I don't have a great deal of research on the subject, but bee sting therapy has been used to combat exacerbation in auto-immune diseases. I've actually used bee sting therapy in my own struggle with MS.

Wasps, I learned, are predatory and parasitic. Although they do not produce any sweetness, our Creator did make them for a purpose. They eat many garden insects that are destructive to the plants and produce. Wasps make their nests "any place" and the young larvae actually attach themselves to various spiders and insects and live off of them until they mature, then they kill their host. Wasps are necessary in their own offensive way.

The thought that continues to invasively sting me is the life cycle that we have chosen to interrupt. When YHWH gave us dominion over the earth, that didn't mean wreck it, it meant take care of it! So, here's my concern. If we continue to allow our honey bees to be attacked and destroyed by pesticides and GMO pollen, we will eventually come to a time in which artificial pollination is necessary for all vegetation. When the time comes that honey bees are extinct or so frail and mutated that they no longer function as they were created, there will be what is politically termed, "unintended consequences." I'm not so sure about the "unintended part," but that's blog material for another topic.

If there are no bees, or only mutated ones, honey will cease to exist or be "crafted" my guess is from corn syrup . . . then my next concern is a question in the event of mutated wasps. Where will mutated wasps choose to live? What will mutated wasps choose for their prey? What species will mutated wasps choose to inhabit while they grow parasitically? I'm not offering material for a strange new sci-fi movie, I'm asking serious questions.

Is it possible that the mutations humans are causing in creation will actually be a part of the pestilence prophesied in Revelation 6?

No comments:

Post a Comment