Monday, December 24, 2012

Peace on Earth, Good will to Men [Humans]

I've had another stark revelation in regard to peace and it came out of my own mouth! Once it comes out of your own mouth, there will be no claim of ignorance . . . My hope and attempts at peace making have been, of course, challenged and questioned, by none other than the folks who think I should be pleasing them for peace. Well, go figure . . . I've had an epiphany and as I said, the G-d of Abraham blessed me to hear it out of my own mouth, clearly and concisely.
Y'hshuwah gave commentary about the division and derision that would arise between folk that we think "should be" getting along, like neighbors and family members. He also gave a few comments regarding enemies, so apparently, everything isn't going to be harmonious, regardless of the attempt made by some.
It was in my conversation that I simply stated, my last book came out about a year and a half ago, and "I'd made peace with the fact I simply would not have a good relationship with some people" and even more severely the new book would bring some division in my "circle of influence." The amazing thing to me, was the fact that I stated, I'd "made peace" with not being received or appreciated or whatever. Sometimes peace making is not with the person in focus, but in accepting the circumstances and the bad relationship that exists. Sometimes making peace, is a simple matter of acknowledging there is no common ground in sight. It's in trying to force a commonality or going beyond that second mile, the trouble gets very ominous. Sometimes we simply need to understand the passage in Proverbs and Romans that instruct us to offer food and water even to our enemy, but recognize them as such. Y'hshuwah spoke of going the second mile and turning the other cheek. Once a person realizes they've indeed gone that second mile, it's time to part ways. It may not be the outcome for which we'd hoped, and that is where we must make peace with the fact of the matter. We are not instructed to go beyond the second mile and in my case of being a peace maker with a less than hoped for outcome, I must simply accept that. That's so much harder on the heart, than people pleasing! People pleasing can be pretty superficial just to get somebody off your back, but to make peace with an inevitably sad outcome requires serious peacemaking. I should have read Matthew 10:34-36 a bit more closely before getting my expectations out of proportion. Meanwhile, I shall be encouraged and share the encouragement with this passage.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of YHWH.

No comments:

Post a Comment