Friday, December 16, 2011

Tribal Unrest

Once in awhile, the peace of the preservation is disturbed by what I call, tribal unrest. That's when nearly everyone insists that they have the correct insight, peace from G-d, proper direction, yata, yata . . . except one hold out, who often becomes the designated problem. Oh, it can get rather tense, but as I have come to know, when the rest of the world is in agreement, chances are the single hold out knows something that has not yet been revealed to the others. Now, as the one that is usually the odd duck in these situations, I'm finding it's better to ask some questions, refuse to let anyone put any words in my mouth, and simply pray, even if I don't hear anything to begin with. I at least receive peace that I can stand where I am until I do hear something, which is very heart warming when the tribe is at odds. Eventually, eyes are opened, ears are in tune and the truth is revealed. Although the truth is always the best way to go, sometimes it's difficult to accept, and yet we must, if we are to leave the legacy of the preservation to the next generation.
That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children: That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of G-d, but keep his commandments: a Psalm of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Post a Comment