Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Daylight Saving Time Ends

I've made some observations about this Daylight Saving Time thing. First, I don't believe G-d ever intended us to play with the time. The time is what it is, but the book of Daniel chapter 7, warned that power would be taken to change the time and the laws would be altered. Thankfully, life on the preservation doesn't really change so much with the clock. The time is determined by the sun and the moon. The months are determined by the phase of the moon, according to Scripture, and the days are determined by the sunset and sunrise. The animals, I've noticed, go very strictly by the sun. At a certain time of day, especially as the days shorten, if I'm not out to milk, I'll hear the girls start "calling" me. I've also noticed through the autumn that dusk is a shorter period than in the late spring and summer. So many of these facts, I'm sure many know, but it just helps me adjust to the sudden early darkness when I reflect on these various facts. Oh, and I simply must share the time honored traditional definition of what Daylight Saving Time truly amounts to. Daylight Saving Time is like cutting 12 inches off the top of the blanket and sewing it on at the foot of the blanket . . . Spring and fall, rinse, repeat . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment