Sunday, May 18, 2014

Raindance

I realize most associate the term "raindance" with some sort of practice of false religion of Native Americans.  Around here, that is not the case.  With so many terms being redefined, why not "raindance."  I simply cannot share a more wonderful experience on earth, than adding a special step or two while doing chores in the rain.  I'm not talking a torrential downpour, but chores still have to be done when it is coming down in buckets.  The rain for dancing to which I refer, is the gentle rains that occur usually a couple of times a week, through the spring, in the Ozarks.

The weather is usually warm enough through April and May that a coat is unnecessary.  If it is a bit cool I do have a lightweight waterproof jacket that easily affords me to keep my clothes dry while I enjoy "raindancing."  Even without a jacket, doing chores in the rain amounts to no more inconvenience than changing into dry clothes when I'm finished.  There is just something so special about being free to dance in the rain.  Even when it rains in town, I don't run for cover.  Rain is a blessing.  Scripture states that over and over, when we obey the commandments of YHWH, rain falls in it's season.

Our society has literally taught us to fear rainy weather or complain about it.  Although there are a couple of added precautions I take for the younger animals, spring rains are not an inconvenience, but rather are quite necessary for fall harvests.  Storms don't accompany most rains around here, but there have been a couple. I'm just suggesting here that we take the time to thank our Heavenly Father for the rain in its season.  I wonder if the bigger storms aren't wake-up calls for our negligence of thanksgiving or our failure to acknowledge and obey His Instruction.

As for the normal spring rains, I am blessed to be able to dance in the rain, and I"m blessed that the herd does their "raindance" about 24 hours in advance, so I can be ready.  I think of David dancing unto YHWH as the ark came into Jerusalem.  To dance in the rain, before my Creator, is truly a blessing and a wonderful way to lift praise and worship Him.  

And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto My commandments which I command you this day, to love YHWH your G-d, and to serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul,  That I will give you the rain of your land in His due season, the first rain and the latter rain, that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil.  And I will send grass in thy fields for thy cattle, that thou mayest eat and be full.  Torah of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Post a Comment