Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Celebrating the Feasts

Sadly, every time traditional "religious" celebrations coincide with the Feasts of YHWH or Biblically mentioned celebrations like Hanukkah, the debates begin. This year is particularly gripping in that Passover and Easter are within days of each other. I'm truly looking forward to the Passover Seder and the Week of Unleavened Bread this year. It seems, it will put everything in proper perspective. The disobedience and uncertainty of last year will be behind me, and the uncertainty, but absolute direction will be ahead of me. I'm seeing more and more of just how much of life is uncertain, either way, but I know, that I know, I'd rather have YHWH establishing the direction than the manipulation and obligation of humanity.

I have a real sadness for people who don't want to participate in the Feasts of YHWH. I think some of them don't even know they are invited. While others may think they have been invited to something better. Now that I can't understand. What in the world would be better than an invitation to a Feast of The Most High G-d?

I've done some thinking on this very subject and I want to reach out to Christians who either use one of the following terms to describe their standing in the Kingdom. The three most common references are "grafted in, adopted, or bride of Messiah." Well, I just happen to have some insight in all three of these areas.

I've been doing some shopping for fruit trees and there are a couple of offers out there in regard to different types of fruit on the same tree. Now, I'm not talking about peaches and pears on the same tree, but different types of apples on the same tree, and the specific advertised purpose was to have ripened fruit all summer, as in an early harvest and later harvest apples. I didn't get any, but I considered this in comparison to Paul's writings of the wild olive branch grafted in to the olive tree. The branch doesn't change the root, at all. The branch produces a later harvest, but the root is what produces the life giving flow of water and nutrients to the branch. The branch was once not a part of the tree, but once it was grafted in, it became a part of the tree . . . and supposed to partake of the fullness of the tree and the root. The olive tree is Israel and according to the Word that stands forever, the Feasts are for all generations and to include foreigners who enter covenant.

The next reference is "adopted." I happen to be an adoptive mother, as well as a birth mother, so I know a little about how this works, also. I will say this going in. Once all my children were grown, adopted or natural, they had the choice to keep me involved in their lives or not. And they have all had that same option. When their Dad and I were still married, all the kids were invited to participate in every family gathering. It was up to them whether or not to attend, but to be honest, it was kind of expected by the parents. Not trying to play favorites, but it's just natural to feel a bit more respected and honored by the ones who show up . . . I'm guessing our Heavenly Father feels the same way about the Feasts He's invited His children to attend.

The last reference I have in this is the term "bride of Messiah." Let me tell you, first hand, I know how it feels to be excluded from invitation. I've put my foot in my mouth so many times with Christians, trying to make sure they know the Feasts and celebrations of YHWH are not legalistic ritual, but awesome events. Many have listened to another spirit and do not realize the bride should want to celebrate every feast in which her bridegroom is invited or better yet, is the focus and guest of honor. It didn't take too many dis-invitations in my last marriage for me to realize, I truly wasn't wanted, yet my husband chose to attend without me. It didn't take long to simply prefer to not be a part of that family and it gave me a real compassion for people who may feel awkward about participating in the Biblical feasts. I certainly don't want anyone claiming a relationship with Messiah to ever feel they are not invited to these wonderful events of YHWH.

The Last Supper was a Passover Seder, and Messiah said to His followers, "Do this in remembrance of me." Whether one is celebrating the Exodus or remembering Calvary, it is the deliverance and salvation of YHWH for all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment