Sunday, January 11, 2015

Being Led

Change is coming, and one of the first changes for me, through this year of shemitah is on the internet.  Abba is leading me to be more set apart with the Goshen Gazette.  He's also leading me to further outreach through new social media platforms, and He's leading me to help those who are trying to come out of their dependence on and participation in "the system."   I know He's doing this with other servants, as well.  In the past few months as I've been seeking in regard to this coming change, He's also reminded me of some things that haven't changed.  When He first established the Mission in the last town, He told me to do what was not being done.  I thought everything in ministry was already overlapped and layered and repeated.  I soon learned, I was wrong.    

In those seven years, I was blessed to cover a great many miles that were not being covered by other outreaches, because that was my job!  The online ministry began in 2001, just weeks before 9/11.  So much has happened since then . . .  I can look back now and realize Abba was preparing me to be able to minister while also homesteading.  I can certainly cover a lot more ground, economically via internet, than the mission trips.  Tending the land and flocks and herds definitely makes travel, prohibitive.  Popularity and participation has vastly increased in social media and in homesteading.  

It seems when it comes to believers and church, many have left the building.  There are also a number of Jewish believers now, who have accepted Messiah and are no longer worshiping in traditional synagogues.  The internet appears to be the place to "forsake not the assembling" in the 21st century.  According to many of the social media teachers, and there are many, their videos and blogs are attaining mega-status.   I never got the hang of twitter, but I did manage to navigate through some forums boards and now facebook.  Abba is now saying it's time to move on.  Interestingly, Facebook has afforded many of us some true fellowship, as well as leads and connections as the end of days will call for a gathering of the remnant.  I'm so thankful to have had this time of getting acquainted.  I pray a number of us remain in touch and hope some of us actually get to "community up," or at least enjoy fellowship for Feast Days.  I'm also thankful for the foreknowledge regarding relationships that were not meant to be.  I can't imagine the devastation of making that discovery in person, as things around us are collapsing.

There have been folks from whom I've learned, and folks who have schooled me.  Some precious friendships have been established and clearly some future disappointments have been averted.  I've been able to minister to some as well as being blessed by others.  As I was met with some disparaging remarks and some discouragement as I announced my change of venue, I was reminded of the same reaction in the church 20 years ago, as I searched Torah and Sabbath keeping for a believer.  It is my fervent belief, the body of Messiah would get along better if we weren't all trying to be in the same place, doing the same thing.  I have also discovered through my years of ministry, staying in a place after Abba says it's time to move, only hinders.  When He says, "Move;" not moving is disobedience.

 Or whether it were two days, or a month, or a year, that the cloud tarried upon the tabernacle, remaining thereon, the children of Israel abode in their tents, and journeyed not: but when it was taken up, they journeyed.  At the commandment of YHWH they rested in the tents, and at the commandment of YHWH they journeyed: they kept the charge of YHWH, at the commandment of YHWH by the hand of Moses.  Numbers 9:22-23

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.  Acts 1:8


No comments:

Post a Comment