Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Cat and a Cucumber

The two nouns of the are not in the same event, just the same blog. Last week, I posted about putting faith into action and gave a single account. This week, I've received a double portion blessing, so there are two accounts to share. First, one of my cats came home looking horrible. Country cats have a different life than city cats. Country cats prowl! They are profoundly efficient instinctive predators, but sometimes country cats get into skirmishes. Now, I feed our guys here every day, but they like to hunt. Their names are Puma and Tiger, and they are quite different in their individuality. Puma usually hunts fairly close to home, which is nice because the livestock and poultry feed attract mice. Puma has his plan all laid out. Tiger, on the other hand tends to wander a bit further. The other day, he came home looking bad. I mean really bad. I was truly afraid one of his eyes was gone . . . I laid hands on him. The next day, his eye was awesome and I could clearly see the puncture wound right outside of it. Something had really gotten ahold of him. He's doing well and staying a little closer to home. I'm very thankful that G-d truly healed him right up.
Next, of course is the account of the cucumber. I let my vines go about a month and a half ago, before the rains came, after making many, many pickles. I had just made the comment last week that I was sorry I didn't have any more cucumbers. The vines were dried up and I was craving one. Sunday morning, I was out picking peppers, again, and lo and behold at the end of a dead vine was the most beautiful perfectly green cucumber. I can't explain it, I can only report it! For life to succeed on this preservation, I simply must live walking daily with the G-d of Abraham and report HIS goodness. Soon and very soon, I'll be sharing it with my descendants.

And he believed in YHWH; and He counted it to him for righteousness. Torah of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Post a Comment