Monday, December 23, 2013

The Community of Social Media

As I visit the news feed on social media, I see something absolutely great about this gift that we all love to hate!  We really get the opportunity to see how strong our convictions are, and those of others.  We also get to see idiosyncrasies in ourselves and others that may work great in unity or be a thorn in the flesh!  I am a socially awkward creature.  I always have been.  The very last thing I want to do is hurt someone's feelings, but sometimes I'm too direct or lack polish . . .  Sometimes I simply do not know enough about something or have enough experience to even ask an intelligent question, but the reality is, I want to know more!

There are getting to be some rather large "gatherings" on social media, but the factions are obvious.  I think that's great.  I would absolutely hate to give someone a false impression or to be given one.  I've read about people traveling across states, thinking they are going to "team up" or "community up" only to have it turn out very unpleasant for all involved.  What a blessing it is to have this segue opportunity!  Knowing I'm an odd duck, helps me to realize, everyone who isn't on all my pages is not necessarily wrong!  I'm so sad to see how many other "odd ducks" seem oblivious to this fact to which I've been illuminated.

YHWH did not use a cookie cutter when He made humanity!  I've even considered the idea that as the omnipotent Creator, maybe He simply never does the exact same thing, twice.  Maybe he's just too creative to repeat . . . That's not doctrine, just a thought!  At any rate, I've taken the bait a few times on social media, only to find I need to choose my words very carefully, in that I have always relied heavily on my eyes and facial expressions to add clarity to my often awkward words.  Eye contact does not exist in social media.  Even with skype, there is time delay . . .

I would urge you as we have been afforded the blessing of social media, and the prophecy of Daniel 12 is being fulfilled that "knowledge shall be increased."  Social media also affords us the opportunity to see where information is being rejected.  None of us know it all!  One of the first big red flags would be for those who insist their "opinion" is somehow, etched in stone.  Several of us are considering the idea that this next year may truly be the year of upheaval and scrambling.

If you are suddenly faced with chaos, what will you do?  I'm not proclaiming any more gloom and doom than the right wing anti-Obamacare representatives or the left-wing "where's the job creation" representatives!  We may find ourselves facing those who are impoverished but have lived entitled, there could be mocking marauders, aggressive anarchists, and those who have not prepared but determine your preparedness is their "blessed manna."

In the midst of turmoil we still have the commandment to love our enemies.  What are the tenets of faith, we will not compromise, as we attempt to be obedient?  I'm still seeking . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment